I am reporting in from the spot booth high atop the palace theatre, here at playhouse square in Cleveland, Ohio. Only 100 steps up to the booth. See the picture below. We are currently in tech. We began Tech Thursday evening with a 4 hour rehearsal, which got us through approximately... 5-6 minutes of stage time. Wooo Hoo. Right now we are in hour 3 of Tech on Day 4. We are on scene 13 of..... 18. So after 23 hours of tech, we have made it thru 13.5 scenes. And we have 9.5 days left of tech, before we even do previews! Not too shabby. Actually it's kind of mind boggling to me, because i am used to the Wagner tech schedule. A time slot in which we have 13 days to tech an hour and 40 minutes show. I am used to teching a 3 hour show in 8 days.
Nevertheless, tech pushes on. We have work calls in the morning and tech rehearsals in the afternoon and evenings. Having sunday and monday off to relax was a blessing. But for some reason i felt more tired then, than i do from working. I would be in major default if i did not toss a shout out to my boy Clay Bucholz for his tremendous pitching performance Saturday night. As well due credit should be given to Dustin Pedroria for his Amazing, Rookie of the Year Defense. And a final shout out goes to Jacoby Ellsbury... who i think in a few years will be a top notch star. I lied, another shout out goes to my brother david, who posted pictures of facebook from the wedding. Who let me go around with my shirt untucked? I looked like a complete bum! oh well, thats life.
Time to throw some pictures up here. and then type up some descriptions.
A view from my Booth

My trust spot, the Lycian 1290XLT

Bob the Lobster, after a steam bath

My old Blogging partener. I miss her, great at checking spelling and punctuation.

Time for dinner break
Over and Out,
Brian
3 comments:
Is that the golden blogger with the heavy head syndrome?
Mom
Such a good looking girl, I don't blame you for missing her. Driving your car, truck being fixed.
DAD
I think Ellie looks marvelous at the computer. She is probably more technically advanced than her aunt.
Things sound really busy and very exciting. It's amazing how much goes into each production and the fact that in weeks you pull up stakes and start all over again. After a few shows, things must go faster, I would hope.
Hope things are well with you and Beth.
That no hitter was a nail biter. I felt so bad for him as he sat on the bench all by himself - however, no one wanted to jinx the poor kid. Pedroia is fantastic and Jacoby looks real promising - Anyone want to buy J.D. Drew - he's not worth half the money they paid for him!!!
Take care
Love Donna & Dave
Post a Comment