We spent our holiday weekend out in Cleveland visiting Beth's family. A last minute decision, we bought tickets friday afternoon and took off early saturday morning. Cousin Bobby picked us up at the airport just before noon, and brought us back to Alexis' house to surprise her. After checking in there, we set out to surprise Kathy. Bobby and Alexis picked her up at Harbour Court and brought her to "Tomaydo Tomahdo" for a bite to eat. We were there waiting. Kathy's face was priceless as for a second she only kind of realized it was us, and then it hit her. I'm glad we were able to make the trip out there, to lift everyones spirits a bit, and see good people. Alexis and Bob are great hosts and its always good to visit Fairview Park. Beth headed back to Harbour Court with Kathy and Alexis while Bobby and I went to pick up supplies for a Sunday cookout. We swung over to Lakewood to see Mal and got some brats and italian sausage.
That afternoon Uncle Bob and I met up with two of his co-workers for 9 holes at a nearby public course. It was great to get out there and play a few. I wish it was easier to get out to play here in Hoboken, but anything requires a car or a long trip on public transportation. But I digress. After golf, I picked up some dinner and went to visit Kathy and Beth at Pete and Kay's. After a short visit, I went back to Alexis' and crashed.
Sunday we mostly hung around, and then everyone headed over to Alexis' around 5pm for a 4th of July family cookout - even Pete and Kay! There was lots of watching Brandon be his cute little kid self, and also lots of corn-hole. (Even Pete got in a game.)
Monday, Brian and I headed home, but instead of flying, we picked up a U-Haul Truck so we could drive the newest member of our family home to Hoboken - A PIANO!!!!!!
I have been wanting a piano for a while now, but we haven't really gotten around to looking too much, plus they aren't exactly cheap. Then, I got an email from Auntie Lex saying I could HAVE HERS if I wanted it, but she didn't deliver. The rest is history.
We took our time driving home on Monday, and Tuesday morning we had piano movers come to carry the piano up the stairs. It fits perfectly in the corner in the living room and I am SO HAPPY to have it there! I have played it every day so far.
Thanks again Auntie Lex!! You're the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment